Join us in this SEO 101 Podcast episode as we explored the latest Google updates, AI-generated reviews, critical vulnerabilities, and essential SEO tips. Stay informed on search engine developments and optimize your online presence with key insights and expert advice.
Users can now report:
• Other: Any other search abuse or exploitative SEO strategy not mentioned above
• Paid Links: Pages containing unnatural or deceptive inbound or outbound links.
• Low Quality: Poorly written or designed pages created in bulk to attract clicks.
• Deceptive Pages: Pages that deceive or defraud users by not delivering promised services
• Spammy Behavior: Pages engaging in abusive behavior to manipulate search engine rankings
• Spammy Content: Pages with irrelevant or useless content exploiting search engine algorithms.
2. Amazon is testing AI-generated summaries of product reviews to condense all reviews into a single summary.
3. A vulnerability in the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin affects over 900,000 websites, allowing hackers to steal sensitive customer information. An updated version is available to patch the vulnerability.
4. Google’s “Site:” operator won’t show a complete list of indexed pages. For more indexing insights, rely on Search Console instead. The operator is useful for getting a general idea of site indexing, searching for specific content within a website, and competitor intelligence.
5. There is no ideal site content length. Content should be written for customers, not solely for Google. The length should be whatever is necessary to convey the message effectively.
6. Google will deprecate the “Sitemaps Ping Endpoint” as internal studies found that most submissions lead to spam. Instead, users should submit their XML Sitemap to Google Search Console or have a call to their XML Sitemap from the robots.txt file.
7. Google files a lawsuit over fake review scams, targeting individuals who posted fraudulent business profiles and created fake reviews to deceive consumers and business owners.
8. A question on self-referencing canonicals was raised. Canonical tags are not critical but can be beneficial. Reasons to use them include preventing duplicate content issues and ensuring the correct version of a page is used when external websites link with parameters or UTM tracking tags. However, implementing self-referencing canonicals may not be worth it unless there are inbound links pointing to incorrect URL versions.
9. For those looking for an affordable SEO tool, some options include Screaming Frog, SEMRush and Google Search Console.
Amazon is testing AI-generated summaries of product reviews – Amazon’s innovative AI-generated review summaries aim to provide condensed insights from product reviews for consumers.
Vulnerability In WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin Affects 900,000+ Websites – Discover the critical vulnerability affecting a large number of websites using the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway Plugin and the availability of an updated version to patch it.
Google’s “Site:” Operator Won’t Show You Everything That’s Indexed – Learn about the limitations of Google’s “Site:” operator for indexing and the importance of relying on Search Console for better insights.
Ideal Site Content Length – Does not exist! – Explore the myth of an ideal site content length and the emphasis on writing for customers rather than search engines.
Google to deprecate “Sitemaps Ping Endpoint” later this year – Find out about Google’s decision to deprecate the “Sitemaps Ping Endpoint” due to spam concerns and the alternatives for submitting XML sitemaps.
Google files lawsuit over fake review scams – Learn about Google’s legal action against fake review scams, targeting individuals who posted fraudulent business profiles and created fake reviews.
Self-referencing canonicals: Reasons to use and Reasons not to use – Get insights into self-referencing canonical tags, their benefits, and when they may not be necessary.
Affordable SEO tools – Discover affordable SEO tools like Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and Google Search Console, offering various features for optimizing your online presence.(Based on the podcast discussion)