Summary of SEO 101 Episode 388
Google is launching People Cards in India to allow individuals to create their own rolodex-like listing in Google (shades of authorship?), Google suffered a massive indexing glitch, Firefox renews with Google and you won’t believe how much money they make! Scott and Ross also discuss issues with Google News indexing new providers, an important tip on using caching plugins in WordPress, a major issue with the latest WordPress upgrade, and much more.
NOTE: If you like to receive our show notes straight to your inbox, sign up to our SEO 101 Podcast Show Notes Newsletter available at SEO101Radio.com.
Notes from SEO 101 Episode 388
Non SEO News
Fire tornados, temperature records, Beirut explosion… WTF
General SEO News
“Next time you’re cooking, looking for a job or shopping for something new, try Search, and get a little extra help.”
- Failure to renew could have been devastating for Mozilla – in 2018 95% of Mozillas income was from royalties tied to ad revenue totaling a whopping $451 M
- Firefox has 4.3% market share globally, 7% in the US
- Laid off 250 employees last week, 320 total this year
Lead to this by: Here
(jquery migrate acts as a bridge allowing older code to function on WordPress)
- Caused old plugins and themes to break that required this library
Screenshot of reply from Danny Sullivan debunking the “CNN Brasil” complaint
Beware of Caching Plugins
- Creating numerous cache files on server, hosting account exceeded maximum allocation of 200,000 inodes (files) causing everything to crash.
- Litespeed Cache?
RD — Mention WP Rocket
Questions from SEO 101 Listeners
Ross and John also welcome some SEO-related concerns from listeners. Please listen to the show to find out their detailed answers to these questions.
I am up here in Ladysmith and have enjoyed your show for years. I have a question that a client sent me, does this duplicate (plagiarized) content affect their rankings?
Any advice here is much appreciated.
End of Show Notes
If you have any questions you would like to share with Ross and John, please feel free to post them on the SEO 101 Facebook Group. And, if you enjoy SEO 101 on WebmasterRadio.FM please consider supporting the hosts with feedback on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast stream.