AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- SEO 101 Episode 361: Google’s Indexing Issues Demystified, Toutiao, Lots of Local SEO News and Answers to Listener Questions
- SEO 101 Episode 360: Google’s Robots.txt Notices, More Google My Business Issues and Questions from Listeners
- Marketing a Doctor’s Office: 10 Best Secrets for Success
- SEO 101 Episode 359: Google My Business Suspensions and Q&A Issues, Mueller Files, and Questions Answered
- 6 Ways to Develop Your Facebook Marketing Strategy in 2019