AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- SEO 101 Episode 355: GoogleBot Gets a Major Upgrade, Integrates Podcasts, and Google Search Console News
- SEO 101 Episode 354: De-Indexing Issues Continue, E-Commerce SEO Tips, and Questions from Listeners
- SEO 101 Episode 353: Google’s De-Indexing Issues, the New Discover Report, Mueller Files, and Great Questions from Listeners
- The 5 Most Crucial Website Design Tips
- SEO 101 Episode 352: A New Google Competitor, Accents in URLs, John’s New Gig, and a Question of SEO for FAQs