Search engine users are starting to use more complex search terms, often adding two or three extra words to the traditional 2-keyword phrase. There are multiple reasons for the increasing complexity of search terms, including the continued rapid growth of the Internet and difficulties finding relevant information on the first page of many search engine results pages. Another reason could be that recent changes at Google have frustrated Google users, thus forcing them to be more descriptive in their queries. Webmasters building sites and SEOs working on sites should consider targeting 3 – 5 keyword phrases as well as 2-keyword phrases. When preparing the copy for your website, think about the various phrases searchers might look for your site and find a way to integrate these phrases in the body text of the site’s index page and important internal pages. Chances are, your site will see more visitors once it starts catering to searchers who use more than 2 words at a time.
- Why Google Suspends Local Listings and the Change to Cranberry.FM – Episode 254
- Google Manual Penalties Handed out to Paid Reviews Sites and EasyRecipe Plugin Users – Episode 253
- The Power of Social Media
- Google Expanding Paid Ad Reach
- Should Google’s RankBrain Matter to You? With Special Guest David Harry – Episode 252