Google and AOL announced a continuation of their multi-year deal. Google will continue to feed results to the AOL search tool and other AOL properties such as Netscape and Compuserve as well as continuing to power web search results for AOL sites in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, Australia and Canada. Google will also continue to provide paid listings through AdWords to sites in the US, Japan and Canada. AOL Europe will continue to receive paid listings from Overture. AOL is betting that they will retain users by sticking with Google, the web’s most popular search brand rather than lose viewers to Google itself.
- Why Google Suspends Local Listings and the Change to Cranberry.FM – Episode 254
- Google Manual Penalties Handed out to Paid Reviews Sites and EasyRecipe Plugin Users – Episode 253
- The Power of Social Media
- Google Expanding Paid Ad Reach
- Should Google’s RankBrain Matter to You? With Special Guest David Harry – Episode 252