Google and AOL announced a continuation of their multi-year deal. Google will continue to feed results to the AOL search tool and other AOL properties such as Netscape and Compuserve as well as continuing to power web search results for AOL sites in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, Australia and Canada. Google will also continue to provide paid listings through AdWords to sites in the US, Japan and Canada. AOL Europe will continue to receive paid listings from Overture. AOL is betting that they will retain users by sticking with Google, the web’s most popular search brand rather than lose viewers to Google itself.
- Dr. Google Confirms Ads Coming to Local Pack – Episode 259
- Adwords added to Local, New Click to Text
- A Google PageSpeed Rant, Insights into Local SEO, and SEO Questions Answered – Episode 258
- Google’s Title Tag Rewrites, Links you Can Ignore, and Four SEO Questions Answered – Episode 257
- Google Widens Search Results and Launches Mobile Keyboard for Both Android and Apple – Episode 256