Google and AOL announced a continuation of their multi-year deal. Google will continue to feed results to the AOL search tool and other AOL properties such as Netscape and Compuserve as well as continuing to power web search results for AOL sites in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, Australia and Canada. Google will also continue to provide paid listings through AdWords to sites in the US, Japan and Canada. AOL Europe will continue to receive paid listings from Overture. AOL is betting that they will retain users by sticking with Google, the web’s most popular search brand rather than lose viewers to Google itself.
- News on Mobile vs Desktop Index, Hidden Content, Ranking Factors – Episode 270
- Warnings for Google My Business & AMP Users – Episode 269
- Illyes & Mueller Files and Google Updates – Episode 268
- Google Penguin 4.0, Google My Business – Episode 267
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266