In a dramatic election year about-face, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson recently stated he would recommend President Bush endorse a congressional bill making the importation of Canadian pharmaceuticals legal. Due to many factors, including public sponsorship of Medicare, Canadian drug prices average 44% to 78% lower than American prices for the exact same medicines. While the shift in the U.S. administration’s attitude is good for American consumers and Canadian online pharmacies, it could have a surprising effect on stocks of drugs north of the boarder. According to today’s Globe and Mail, “A recent study at the University of Texas at Austin found that if all U.S. residents bought their prescription drugs north of the border, Canada’s drug supply would be exhausted in 38 days.”
- SEO 101 Ep 437: Google’s Helpful Content Update, Changes to International Targeting Report, Indexing Updates, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 436: July 2022 Product Review Update, Google’s Indexing Issue, GBP Automated Messaging, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 435: GMB App Update, New Video Index Report, New Rich Result Guidelines, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 434: The Open Secret of Google Search, Twitter Updates, Featured Snippet Tests, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 433: New Search Engine From Ahrefs, Google’s Learning Video Markup, SEO Certification, and More.