Yahoo! is ready to post its third quarter earnings report and stock analysts believe they will show their sixth consecutive profitable quarter (ending Sept. 30, 2003) with earnings above nine cents per share on revenues of $335.7 million. Analysts are already predicting a very strong fourth quarter for Yahoo with First Albany’s Youssef Squali, stating he expects to see Yahoo’s total search revenues jump by over 140% from last year’s numbers. This sudden rise is credited to the relationship between Yahoo and Overture, which is being purchased by Yahoo in the next few months. In Yahoo’s third quarter, Overture accounted for over 20% of Yahoo’s revenues. Yahoo watchers should keep their eyes on MSN in the coming months as MSN is expected to drop Overture search results in the near future in favor of their own paid-placement program which is expected to be announced early in the new year.
- SEO 101 Ep 437: Google’s Helpful Content Update, Changes to International Targeting Report, Indexing Updates, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 436: July 2022 Product Review Update, Google’s Indexing Issue, GBP Automated Messaging, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 435: GMB App Update, New Video Index Report, New Rich Result Guidelines, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 434: The Open Secret of Google Search, Twitter Updates, Featured Snippet Tests, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 433: New Search Engine From Ahrefs, Google’s Learning Video Markup, SEO Certification, and More.