Recently I was trying to add a Paypal donate button to a Facebook page for a film project I’ve been working on called Elephants Never Forget. I haven’t done this since Facebook changed from using FBML to iFrames and found it extremely difficult to find an up to date tutorial. After a little frustration, I figured out a simple way to do it completely FREE.
1) Start by adding Static HTML: iframe tabs to your page:
- Type “static html iframe tabs” into the search bar
- Select app
- Click the blue button “Add Static HML to a Page”
- Select the page that you’d like to add this app to
- Click “Edit Page”
- Select “Update Info”
- On the left side bar click “Apps”
- Scroll to the Static HMTL: iframe tab
- Click “Edit Settings”
- Here you can change the image that shows up on the tab and customize the tab name
3) Go to the edit screen of the app
Here is where a little code comes in You can’t do too much with this app in the free version but it still does the trick. Copy paste the following into the edit window and change your text accordingly. Then replace the blue link with your Paypal donate link.
<center>Donations to Elephants Never Forget will help us complete the film.</center>
<center>We are an independent production and need your support. </center>
<center>For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org </center>
<center><a href=”https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RBZLCQWU2WCT8” target=”_blank”>
<img src=”https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif” />
Once entered, your page should look similar to this:
When the visitor clicks the donate button they will be directed into another window where they can enter their donation.
If anyone has another method on how to do this completely free please leave me a comment!