Search engine users are starting to use more complex search terms, often adding two or three extra words to the traditional 2-keyword phrase. There are multiple reasons for the increasing complexity of search terms, including the continued rapid growth of the Internet and difficulties finding relevant information on the first page of many search engine results pages. Another reason could be that recent changes at Google have frustrated Google users, thus forcing them to be more descriptive in their queries. Webmasters building sites and SEOs working on sites should consider targeting 3 – 5 keyword phrases as well as 2-keyword phrases. When preparing the copy for your website, think about the various phrases searchers might look for your site and find a way to integrate these phrases in the body text of the site’s index page and important internal pages. Chances are, your site will see more visitors once it starts catering to searchers who use more than 2 words at a time.
- SEO 101 Ep 437: Google’s Helpful Content Update, Changes to International Targeting Report, Indexing Updates, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 436: July 2022 Product Review Update, Google’s Indexing Issue, GBP Automated Messaging, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 435: GMB App Update, New Video Index Report, New Rich Result Guidelines, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 434: The Open Secret of Google Search, Twitter Updates, Featured Snippet Tests, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 433: New Search Engine From Ahrefs, Google’s Learning Video Markup, SEO Certification, and More.