Overture and NBC have signed a deal in which NBC will display paid-results from Overture in returns from the search feature on the TV network’s website. NBC joins other large media outlets such as the New York Post and CNN in introducing sponsored advertisements to search results in a bid to cash in on the growing contextual advertising market. Whenever a site user performs a search from NBC, the results returned will include advertisements that have bid on specific keyword phrases in an auction-like format. Under the two year deal, the top 3 bidded sites at Overture will appear as Sponsored Links above the traditional listings.
- SEO 101 Ep 433: New Search Engine From Ahrefs, Google’s Learning Video Markup, SEO Certification, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 432: Google’s May 2022 Broad Core Update, WordPress 6.0 ‘Arturo’ Activation, Google Ads CPC Bug, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 431: How to Use Images to Improve Rankings With Mike Blumenthal.
- SEO 101 Ep 430: Goals Migration Tool for Google Analytics 4, Google Testing Updates in Search Results, and More.
- SEO 101 Ep 429: Critical Chrome and Edge Update, Volatility in Google Search Ranking, and More.