“A good reputation is more valuable than money.” – Publilius Syrus, Roman Author, 1st Century B.C.
“It is easier to cope with a bad conscience than with a bad reputation.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
If you came to our Repairing Online Reputation page intentionally then it is likely you understand the above quotes all too well. Fortunately you have come to the right place. Read on to learn more about what may be involved to rescue your online reputation.
How Critical is Your Situation?
CRITICAL. If you are currently in the midst of an online reputational emergency then we strongly urge you to contact us immediately to discuss how we can assist you. A phone call will yield a far more effective result for your time because we can provide custom responses to your situation. There is no charge or obligation for this preliminary discussion.
Call us toll-free at 1-877-385-5526 or at +1 (250) 385-1190
All calls are 100% confidential.
NON CRITICAL. If you would like to discuss your situation with us directly we would welcome your phone call at which time we can provide some idea of what we can do to help. There is no charge or obligation for this preliminary discussion.
A Sample Scenario
There are countless reasons a company could require help with their online reputation; however, the following is the most common situation along with a summary of our plan of action.
Scenario: Negative Commentary in Search Engine Rankings
- Client Request: “Please eliminate the negative search engine results that are found in searches under our brand name.”
- Background: Our Client’s company found out too late that their reputation was taking a beating due to an increase in poor customer service from their newly outsourced call center. Unknown to the Client a couple of unhappy customers created websites that were highly unflattering to their brand and now these websites are appearing in two of the top 5 ranking positions for the company’s name on Google.
- Client’s Solution: The Client promptly fired the outsourced call center and hired a better one. The Client also contacted the complainants with the offending sites and tried to diffuse the situation. Unfortunately the unsatisfied customers in question were uncooperative.
- StepForth’s Solution: First we explained to the Client that there is no way to actually eliminate a website’s search engine ranking, we can only move it out of the public eye. Moving on, we evaluated the budget at hand, then our team put together a plan that involved boosting various positive content about our Client’s brand in order to move the positive content into the higher rankings; thus downshifting the negative commentary. This plan involved multiple methods for boosting the positive content on Google including link building campaigns, social posting and networking and the creation of articles that were disseminated to multiple content properties.
- Results: Within just 3 months the negative content was pushed below the top 5 positions and within 6 months the negative content was on the second page of the search results – well out of the way of the majority of the Client’s target clientele.
- Long Term Plans: The Client was instructed to build a company-wide policy to automatically survey all clientele throughout the term of their work. All marginal service reports from clientele were to be treated seriously and transparently to avoid further reputational issues from arising. In addition, StepForth was hired to monitor the Client’s reputation online on an ongoing basis in order to act quickly and decisively on any issues that arose on social networks – a common occurrence.
For more information about Repairing Online Reputation please contact us so we can discuss your situation, one-on-one.