I am not too familiar with the pitfalls of version 1.0 but according to Ask’s press release the new system accounts for the US-english vs UK-english language barrier (i.e. an ‘exit’ on a motorway is considered a ‘junction’ in the UK). The other improvements included:
- Receive driving directions for up to ten different destinations at one time. In other words, plan your driving route for an entire day of errands – pretty cool.
- It now includes walking directions.
- “Landmark Assistance” is included which, I presume, allows you to find your way to particularly popular points of interest; this would be quite handy on a holiday!
- Subway stations are marked for those who wish to get around a little quicker.
- Curious about how everything might look in a particular location? Try the satellite view which will give you a decent photo view of the surroundings.
- Satellite shots are available for purchase on the fly… odd but okay.
- If you search for any UK city within Ask Search you will be presented with a myriad of city details including hot spots, links to maps, tips, etc. Read more…