Yahoo has revamped its paid inclusion program and it appears to be the forefront of a push to revitalize this archaic submission format. More on the history of paid inclusion and my opinion later, for now let us review the changes.
What Does it Cost to Submit to Yahoo?
The price to submit a URL is $49 which guarantees (for sites that are accepted):
- Addition to a database of sites “that powers algorithmic search results for Yahoo! and other major web portals such as AltaVista and AlltheWeb.”
- URLs are refreshed (essentially re-indexed) on a 7 business day rotation.
- Access to a new personalized reporting centre that provides:
- top 10 click through information itemized by the keyword clicked (see sample here)
- trend charting which provides a visual reference for ups and downs in traffic
- best practices SEO information Read more…