Big Google Update! But it’s Not Penguin 4.0, not Panda (though Panda now part of the Core Algo), Brand Term related (big impact on News Sites). It is apparent that many loser domains are classic print publishers and their losses in rankings mainly stem from older content pieces. Additional publisher who lost rankings are newyorker.com, vanityfair.com, arstechnica.com, fastcompany.com and economist.com. Take “weather reports” with MANY grains of salt.. Google brings back the Google Dance. Also, Google mayprevent sites from passing PageRank when links get bad..Google PageRank will never update again.
- News on Mobile vs Desktop Index, Hidden Content, Ranking Factors – Episode 270
- Warnings for Google My Business & AMP Users – Episode 269
- Illyes & Mueller Files and Google Updates – Episode 268
- Google Penguin 4.0, Google My Business – Episode 267
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266