For many years now AOL search results, both organic and paid, were powered by Google. Now with a deal announced by AOL – none of that is going to change.
This morning AOL announced the renewal and expansion of their global partnership. The five-year renewal will include a broad range of features to both improve and expand the products and services.
The following is a snippet from the press release issued earlier today, it summarizes some of the core aspects of this deal.
- Search Products: Google will provide AOL with additional features and enhancement to its leading Web search products that will improve the consumer search experience across AOL’s network of sites.
- Advertising Products: Google will provide AOL with best-in-class ad formats, giving AOL consumers a better, more relevant ad experience.
- Mobile Search: As AOL renews its focus on mobile apps and content, the companies will work together to expand the alliance to cover mobile search.
- YouTube: AOL and YouTube have agreed to a content partnership that will bring AOL’s video content to YouTube.
- Global Focus: The alliance is international in scope and will provide improved experiences to AOL’s worldwide audience.