The Internet is a-buzz with the latest offering from Firefox – the best browser available in my opinion – and the upgrades look absolutely tantalizing:
- It is twice as fast as Firefox 3: an impressive feat!
- You can save movies as easily as saving an image,
- It will download fonts from websites if your computer does not have the necessary font – this is very new and very very cool. Why? Because now sites can include their very own custom fonts that can add a lot of pizazz to a site and create a very unique look. Now you will be able to see the site as the designer intended.
- It offers location-aware browsing: an option that will enable the browser to tell websites where you are located so that they can tailor their content for your area. Again this is an OPTION do not fret over your privacy.
- You can surf the net anonymously using private browsing options just like Google Chrome offered when it released.
BUT! I do not suggest upgrading yet IF YOU USE PLUGINS because there is a good chance they will not yet work with the new version. I am personally going to hold off on my business machine because I have some valuable plugins on Firefox that I use for website analysis and I can’t afford to lose them right now. But I am not worried because it is only a matter of time until I can upgrade without losing any functionality. That is because in just a few weeks most will be upgraded to work the the new version so I will wait until then. I suggest you do as well if you are in the same boat I am.
Here is a video from the Firefox team explaining the cool upgrades in Firefox 3.5
by Ross Dunn, CEO, StepForth Web Marketing Inc.
Increasing the bottom line online for clients since 1997