I have been hard at work writing a white paper that we will be releasing today on do it yourself social media marketing. As a result, my blogs have been rather infrequent - my apologies. Here, however, is a quick list of some of the articles that have piqued my interest over this past week and I expect you will find worthy of a read as well:
- Rand Fishkin posted a hair-raising live example of the repercussions of a Google penalty on a real estate agent that had been using manipulative linking practices.
- What to do when your company Wikipedia page goes bad: reputation management is a hot topic
- Social media and user generated content in the Spanish space: coverage from AdTech Miami
- Andy Beal’s blog shares an interesting fact on how un-linked images appear to be counting as links in Yahoo!’s algorithm according to Yahoo Site Explorer.
- Compete.com now offers keyword analysis by Jeremiah Owyang
- Facebook is acquiring widget startups in a manner that is very Google-esque and Josh Catone of Read/Write Web wrote a great article discussing the virtual ‘Facebook Economy‘.
Lastly her is an interesting interview with Eric Peterson, web analytics guru. Note the background noise is a little annoying.