Is the Butler finally being dismissed now that Ask has been purchased by InterActiveCorp? Rumour has it Barry Diller, IAC CEO is preparing to rename the Ask Jeeves search engine, paring its name down to a single word, ASK. This wouldn’t be the first time the jovial Butler has been dumped in Ask Jeeves’ history. Just after the dot-com crash of 2000 Jeeves was laid-off. He was brought back after former Ask CEO Skip Battle found him drinking by the Oakland docks, slumped over his last remaining friend, the Pets.com sock puppet mascot.
- Victoria’s First Ever Search Engine Marketing Summit
- Stone Temple Study and the Google AMP Case Study – Episode 262
- Google Signal vs Ranking Factor – is there a Difference? – Episode 261
- Is the Google Keyword Planner Necessary for SEOs Anymore? – Episode 260
- Dr. Google Confirms Ads Coming to Local Pack – Episode 259