Link building is about to become a lot more important, and a lot more difficult if the current reigning theory/analysis of Google’s new algorithm is correct. Earlier this week, the CEO of India based SEORANK, Atul Gupta, published a brilliant analysis of Google’s new algorithm. We are experimenting with some of his findings but, for the most part, we think Gupta’s analysis is very accurate. To make a long analysis short, the article basically states that Google is now using two unique algorithms to measure the relevancy of incoming links to a website. Gupta theorizes that Google is just now introducing an algorithm known as Hilltop which appears to be blended with the Florida algorithm. The new algo measures incoming links in a very different way than the older PageRank algorithm did.
- News on Mobile vs Desktop Index, Hidden Content, Ranking Factors – Episode 270
- Warnings for Google My Business & AMP Users – Episode 269
- Illyes & Mueller Files and Google Updates – Episode 268
- Google Penguin 4.0, Google My Business – Episode 267
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266