Link building is about to become a lot more important, and a lot more difficult if the current reigning theory/analysis of Google’s new algorithm is correct. Earlier this week, the CEO of India based SEORANK, Atul Gupta, published a brilliant analysis of Google’s new algorithm. We are experimenting with some of his findings but, for the most part, we think Gupta’s analysis is very accurate. To make a long analysis short, the article basically states that Google is now using two unique algorithms to measure the relevancy of incoming links to a website. Gupta theorizes that Google is just now introducing an algorithm known as Hilltop which appears to be blended with the Florida algorithm. The new algo measures incoming links in a very different way than the older PageRank algorithm did.
- Why Google Suspends Local Listings and the Change to Cranberry.FM – Episode 254
- Google Manual Penalties Handed out to Paid Reviews Sites and EasyRecipe Plugin Users – Episode 253
- The Power of Social Media
- Google Expanding Paid Ad Reach
- Should Google’s RankBrain Matter to You? With Special Guest David Harry – Episode 252