On Monday, AOL announced plans to increase its subscriber list by targeting US broadband users in its first massive advertising campaign of the year. Beginning on June 1, visitors to the NYTimes website, Washingtonpost.Com, RollingStone.Com and other multimedia sites can expect to see advertisements touting AOL’s Sports Channels, Homework Helper, Parental Controls, and access to Time Warner content exclusive to AOL. “The campaign is designed to persuade prospective members that a broadband connection alone is not enough,” said John Lane, vice president of online marketing. AOL is looking to attract new users to grow the current 4-million broadband AOL subscribers list by the beginning of the third quarter. AOL boasted 3-million broadband users as of December 2003.
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266
- SEO 101 Podcast Chosen Again Among Top 20 Marketing Podcasts of 2016
- Google’s Algorithm Updates Hits Organic and Local with a Bodycount – Episode 265
- Keyword Planner Throttles Low Spenders, AMP, and Mobile-Friendly News as well as Questions Answered from the Community – Episode 265
- Victoria’s First Ever Search Engine Marketing Summit