Yahoo! is ready to post its third quarter earnings report and stock analysts believe they will show their sixth consecutive profitable quarter (ending Sept. 30, 2003) with earnings above nine cents per share on revenues of $335.7 million. Analysts are already predicting a very strong fourth quarter for Yahoo with First Albany’s Youssef Squali, stating he expects to see Yahoo’s total search revenues jump by over 140% from last year’s numbers. This sudden rise is credited to the relationship between Yahoo and Overture, which is being purchased by Yahoo in the next few months. In Yahoo’s third quarter, Overture accounted for over 20% of Yahoo’s revenues. Yahoo watchers should keep their eyes on MSN in the coming months as MSN is expected to drop Overture search results in the near future in favor of their own paid-placement program which is expected to be announced early in the new year.
- Google Widens Search Results and Launches Mobile Keyboard for Both Android and Apple – Episode 256
- Voice Search Query Tracking and the $64 Billion SEO Industry – Episode 255
- Why Google Suspends Local Listings and the Change to Cranberry.FM – Episode 254
- Google Manual Penalties Handed out to Paid Reviews Sites and EasyRecipe Plugin Users – Episode 253
- The Power of Social Media