Overture and NBC have signed a deal in which NBC will display paid-results from Overture in returns from the search feature on the TV network’s website. NBC joins other large media outlets such as the New York Post and CNN in introducing sponsored advertisements to search results in a bid to cash in on the growing contextual advertising market. Whenever a site user performs a search from NBC, the results returned will include advertisements that have bid on specific keyword phrases in an auction-like format. Under the two year deal, the top 3 bidded sites at Overture will appear as Sponsored Links above the traditional listings.
- News on Mobile vs Desktop Index, Hidden Content, Ranking Factors – Episode 270
- Warnings for Google My Business & AMP Users – Episode 269
- Illyes & Mueller Files and Google Updates – Episode 268
- Google Penguin 4.0, Google My Business – Episode 267
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266