Overture and NBC have signed a deal in which NBC will display paid-results from Overture in returns from the search feature on the TV network’s website. NBC joins other large media outlets such as the New York Post and CNN in introducing sponsored advertisements to search results in a bid to cash in on the growing contextual advertising market. Whenever a site user performs a search from NBC, the results returned will include advertisements that have bid on specific keyword phrases in an auction-like format. Under the two year deal, the top 3 bidded sites at Overture will appear as Sponsored Links above the traditional listings.
- Dr. Google Confirms Ads Coming to Local Pack – Episode 259
- Adwords added to Local, New Click to Text
- A Google PageSpeed Rant, Insights into Local SEO, and SEO Questions Answered – Episode 258
- Google’s Title Tag Rewrites, Links you Can Ignore, and Four SEO Questions Answered – Episode 257
- Google Widens Search Results and Launches Mobile Keyboard for Both Android and Apple – Episode 256