AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- Victoria’s First Ever Search Engine Marketing Summit
- Stone Temple Study and the Google AMP Case Study – Episode 262
- Google Signal vs Ranking Factor – is there a Difference? – Episode 261
- Is the Google Keyword Planner Necessary for SEOs Anymore? – Episode 260
- Dr. Google Confirms Ads Coming to Local Pack – Episode 259