AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- How to Get Listed in Bing Local Canada – Finally
- StumbleUpon Marketing Tips in Fall 2012 Search Marketing Standard Magazine
- 3 Proven Tactics for Increased Facebook Engagement
- Meet THE Social Media Guru and Be Humbled
- 10 Tips (plus a bonus) to Market your Brand on Pinterest
- How to Get the Most out of Your Twitter Strategy
- Why the Kony2012 Non-Profit Marketing Campaign is Already a Success
- Secrets Behind Building a Successful Website
- Could StumbleUpon Advertising be an Overlooked Treasure?
- Why Having a Strong Google Profile Will Soon be Critical
Acquisition AdWords Algo Analytics AOL Articles Ask Bing blogging Blogs Building Links Conferences fun Google Holidays Industry News Industry Trends Interviews Lawsuit Links Marketing Matt Cutts Microsoft Mobile MSN Other Engines Overture PageRank PPC Press Releases Privacy search market share Security SEO Answers SEO Questions SEO Tips SEO Tutorial Social Social Media SPAM Stepforth Tech News Video Web Marketing Tips Yahoo