AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- Google Widens Search Results and Launches Mobile Keyboard for Both Android and Apple – Episode 256
- Voice Search Query Tracking and the $64 Billion SEO Industry – Episode 255
- Why Google Suspends Local Listings and the Change to Cranberry.FM – Episode 254
- Google Manual Penalties Handed out to Paid Reviews Sites and EasyRecipe Plugin Users – Episode 253
- The Power of Social Media