AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- News on Mobile vs Desktop Index, Hidden Content, Ranking Factors – Episode 270
- Warnings for Google My Business & AMP Users – Episode 269
- Illyes & Mueller Files and Google Updates – Episode 268
- Google Penguin 4.0, Google My Business – Episode 267
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266