AOL is taking aim at one of the underbelly areas of the Internet, SPYWARE. Also known as scumware, spyware is often unknowingly downloaded piggybacking on other pieces of software such as file sharing software, Kazaa. Machines infected with Spyware transmit their every move to the maker of the spyware which often uses the information to serve pop-up advertising based on the topic being looked at. Bundled in AOL’s new “9.0 Optimized” package is a feature that will allow users to identify and eliminate advertising and other forms of spyware. This indicates a growing awareness among computer users and programmers who are demanding to be free from an unscrupulous industry that according to industry watchers has grown by 13% over the past 12 months.
- Local SEO Updates, 111 Degrees, and More Keyword Planner News – Episode 266
- SEO 101 Podcast Chosen Again Among Top 20 Marketing Podcasts of 2016
- Google’s Algorithm Updates Hits Organic and Local with a Bodycount – Episode 265
- Keyword Planner Throttles Low Spenders, AMP, and Mobile-Friendly News as well as Questions Answered from the Community – Episode 265
- Victoria’s First Ever Search Engine Marketing Summit